Please check-in at our newly remodeled Office, which is located at the bottom of the lane, adjacent to Cabin 8. While there, browse through our merchandise, look through our photo album of those fish that were caught last year, and pick up some information about the lake.
- check-in after 3pm
- check-in after 1pm (Sun. - Fri.)
- check-in after 3pm (Sat.)
Please stop by the Office as you leave to settle any purchases you
may have put on your account during the week, and to get that last-minute
memorabilia item of your stay with us. You may also leave a deposit to reserve
your cabin or campsite for next year!
- check-out before 9am
- check-out before 12pm, noon (Sun. - Fri.)
- check-out before 9am (Sat.)
- To confirm your reservation, please provide a non-refundable deposit of $250 per cabin-week ($500 for cabins 7 or 8) or $100 per camping unit per week ($50 if less than a week stay). Your reservation will be cancelled if the deposit is not received within 10 business days of making the reservation.
- Please note that deposits are non-refundable. If you need to cancel less than 90 days from the reservation, you will be responsible for the entire amount of the reservation. However, if we are able to re-rent the unit, only the deposit is forfeited.
- Please pay the balance of your cabin or campsite reservation upon arrival at the Office. Additional charges may be made on your account during the week (ice cream bars, Resort merchandise, gas for boats, etc.) which can be paid upon departure.
- All rates are subject to applicable sales tax. Rates are based on payment in cash or personal check. We gladly accept Visa and MasterCard, but payments via debit or credit card are subject to an additional 3% convenience charge.
- Groups reserving 3 or more unit-weeks must prepay the base amount of the reservation 90 days prior to arrival. The balance of the group reservation, including charges for additional people, pets, and sales tax, is due upon arrival at the resort.
- We welcome well-behaved pets, as long as they are kept on a leash at all times and are never left unattended in the cabins or at the campground. For pets add $20 per day or $100 per week per pet for cabins, and $8 per day or $42 per week per pet for campsites. To insure a pleasant stay for all our guests, we insist that all waste be cleaned up immediately by the pet owner or handler. Please let us know when making your reservation that you have a pet, so that we can be sure we can accommodate him/her. We do have designated areas at the north and south ends of the beach for those pets who like to swim, so please keep them away from the buoyed swimming area, the beach, and the playground.
- Day Guests
- Day guests are allowed. Due to these guests having access to resort amenities and common areas, for guests staying over 30 minutes a guest fee of $10 per person will be added.
- One bundle (approximately 12 pieces) of firewood is provided with your weekly cabin or campsite rental. Additional bundles are available at $5 each and will be delivered directly to your fire ring.
- MN Department of Natural Resources regulations state it is illegal to bring firewood into state parks, state forest campgrounds, or day-use areas unless purchased from an approved vendor. In order to protect our wooded habitats, we are also abiding by this law and prohibiting guests from bringing wood onto Sunset Bay Resort property. We appreciate your cooperation in these efforts.
- Personal Watercraft
- We allow personal watercraft to launch from our beach as long as you check with us before launching. At all times, Minnesota rules and regulations for personal watercraft must be followed. Please also be considerate of other resort guests when using these crafts.
- Aquatic Invasive
Before traveling to Minnesota every boater must:
- Clean all aquatic plants, zebra mussels, and other prohibited invasive species from boats and trailers.
- Drain water-related equipment (boat, ballast tanks, portable bait container, and motor) and drain bilge, livewell, and baitwell by removing drain plugs. Keep drain plugs out and water-draining devices open while transporting watercraft.
In Minnesota it is illegal to:
- Transport watercraft without the drain plug removed.
- Arrive at lake access with drain plug in place.
- Transport aquatic plants, zebra mussels, or other prohibited species, whether dead or alive.
- Launch watercraft with prohibited species attached.
- Transport water from Minnesota lakes or rivers.
- Release live bait into the water.
- Air Conditioner
- Window unit air conditioners are available for rent at a rate of $60 per week, or $10 per night. These are available on a first come first serve basis.
- Affiliations and
- Perham Chamber of Commerce
Community of Minnesota Resorts
Otter Tail Lakes Country Tourism
Dead Lake Association